RAF Hullavington Presertation Tankard
Engraved to front 'Presented to the Officers Mess Hullavington by No. 2 E.C.F.S. Course October 1942'. Hullavington in Wiltshire opened as a flying training school in 1942. A new unit termed the Empire Central Flying School (ECFS) was formed and on 15th July, 1942 no. 2 course flying Blenheim V's started. It was customary to present a gift to the officers mess on completion of the course and clearly that it where this tankard then served. It is marked on the base Walker & Hall, Sheffield, 1 pint capacity. RAF Hullavington closed in 1965. If our tankard could talk, it would clearly have some tales to tell!