RAF 13 Squadron Badge Panel
13 Squadron was formed in 1915 and took part in both World Wars as well as the first Gulf War. The squadron badge, as painted on this panel, carries the legend "Adjuvamus Tuendo"(We assist by watching.) 13 Squadron have operated a variety of aircraft over the years including the Martinsyde G.100, F.E.2, SPAD VII and XIII, the Sopwith Dolphin, Lysander, Mosquito, Meteor and Canberra. From 1990 it operated the Panavia Tornado but the Squadron was disbanded in 2011 but reformed 2012 flying the MQ-9 Reaper unmanned aerial vehicle from RAF Waddington. Whilst we have no specific history with it we were advised by a previous owner the panel had been cut from a Mosquito but we have so far been unable to categorically identify the aircraft type. The panel is constructed from wood with linen doped to the outer side. The varnished interior shows some original framing and numerous construction numbers and we would be happy to supply detailed photographs if anyone can assist us with a firm identification. In the mean time it is offered for sale as an unidentified panel featuring a fine painted badge of RAF 13 Squadron. The panel measures approximately 30"x 24" (76cm x 61cm) and would make a superb addition to an aviation collection but would look equally at home on the Mess wall!