Nautical Ship's Lighting
Stock No. PC63
Price = n/a
Sold
WWII Ship\'s Bulkhead Lantern - Click for the bigger picture

WWII Ship's Bulkhead Lantern

A fine original example that was fitted to HMS Forth, a submarine supply depot ship which was launched in 1938 and served throughout WWII, finally being broken up in 1985. In service the lamp was painted white, but it has now been stripped back to its original bronze. It is complete with an opaque lamp cover and to the reverse it has 3 mounting points for wall or bulkhead mounting. The lamp holder has been replaced, but would require wiring up by a qualified electrician prior to use. Lamp diameter 8" (20cm) and depth from the mounting brackets is 5" (13cm)