German Navy Plaque named to Minesweeper 'Koblenz'
Formed with an image of the vessel cut in relief from a brass plate and below an engraved plaque in German reading 'Zur Erinnerung an den Besuch des KM-Bootes Koblenz'. The translation of plaque reads 'To commemorate the visit of the ship Koblenz'. According to our research the vessel was a Lindau class or type 320 minesweeper pennant nos M 1071 launched in 1957/8. She was then upgraded to a Type 331 mine hunter in the early 1960s. Germany donated Koblenz to the Lithuanian Naval Force in 1999 when she was renamed Sūduvis. The vessel silhouette and plaque are fixed to an oak mount with a wall hanger attached to the reverse. Mount measurements 10" x 7.5". (25 cm x 19 cm)