Price = n/a
Set of Royal Navy Ships plaques
We purchased this set of four shields directly from the family of the Royal Navy Officer who served on the ships HMS Dampier, Scott, Owen and Flamingo during his service career. Dampier was originally named Herne Bay, a bay Class frigate but renamed in 1944 and served as a survey ship. Scott was another survey ship launched 1939. Owen started life as Thurso Bay but renamed Owen in 1944. Finally HMS Flamingo was a sloop launched in 1939 and sold to West Germany in 1959 where she was interestingly renamed Graf Spee! We have displayed these plaques in our own collection since 1999 (in the smallest room in this house! but after redecoration a new look has been ordered so it is time to re home them. They display so well together so we prefer to leave as a set. Each shield is in oak and measures 7" top to bottom (17 cm) On the back they have a hanging point and all were originally supplied by Horns & Miller Ltd, who were based in Devenport, Plymouth. In good original condition with minor age related wear.